It is important to know that your baker has the appropriate hardware in place, as well as the knowledge to maintain and troubleshoot this as required (for example applying Tezos patches, sever management, etc). This minimises the risk of lower than expected baking rewards for delegees due to downtime or other issues. Below we set out our offering in more detail including our current set-up and the service you can expect from us. If you still have any questions after reading this page, please don’t hesitate to Contact us.
All of the team at XTZ Black have a background in Computer Science and experience in programming and server management.
- Home based baking node (private)
- Intel i7 CPU / 8 GB RAM
- Dedicated Ledger Nano S for baking and storage of private keys
- Low latency 50 Mb/s fibre connection
- Backup power
- Backup 4G connection
- Traffic from node routed through VPN servers, multiple locations / IPs available
- Smaller, more personalised delegation service
- Dedicated e-mail support
- Transparent terms and conditions
- We will close to new delegations if we become over delegated, protecting our existing clients baking rewards from dilution
- Payouts will be handled manually via spreadsheet, which will be published on this site for transparency, as we are a small baker this is not expected to become too cumbersome.
- Once automated payment solutions for Tezos mature, we will look to migrate to an automated solution.
- Payouts will be made every five cycles, starting from cycle 10